Calling all toy fans in the Pittsburgh area! This Saturday October 13th in Munhall Yello80s will be selling lots of 80s goodness along with many other vendors of vintage toy awesomeness at the Too Groovy Toy Show! Check out the times below and make sure to visit the Facebook page! See you there!
As if 2017 wasn’t packed to the gills with 80s reboots in cartoons, toys, food and film, 2018 and ’19 will be continuing on with another round of re-dos and this time around 80s kids are wondering when we should call it quits and leave the glory days back where they belonged – in the 80s.
1. Muppet Babies – Disney’s got their claws all over this one but on first glance they don’t look horrible, just computer animated.
2. TMNT – now really, it’s about time we stopped all this nonsense as Nickelodeon has yet ANOTHER interpretation of the heroes in a half shell.
3. Transformers– Not exactly Transformers if Optimus Prime is handing the reigns over to Bumblebee…
4. Thundercats– already this one has generated a lot of interwebs anger from the original 80s children in that it takes the comic book style of the original and slaps a CalArts spin on. Think that complete mistake Teen Titans into Teen Titans Go! was…
5. Mega Man– Cartoon Network screws up a whole lot of stuff but this reboot doesn’t look so terrible off the cuff.
6. Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? – Personally I hated this show but I was definitely a fan of the 12 million floppy disk computer game by Broderbund. Looks like Netflix is going on a more anime- themed reboot that might have some promise.
7. She-Ra: Princess of Power– Now I question She-Ra getting a reboot and not He-Man because their universe is codependent and the last big girly reboot Netflix did (looking at you, Rainbow Brite, oh and you too Popples) completely sucked. But you won me over at Voltron….
8. The Magic School Bus– this was a little past my time and even the books annoy me but clearly public television isn’t above the reboot cash-in.
9. Dungeons and Dragons – Instead of ruining this one in yet another series, D&D is in the works to go from the vintage animation to a feature film.
10. Clarissa Explains it All- Melissa Joan Heart will reprise as Clarissa, obviously out of her school- locker phase.
And from primetime 80s we’ll see updated versions of:
1. Miami Vice
2. Magnum, PI
3. Murphy Brown
4. Lost in Space (now on Netflix and actually pretty good)
5. The Twilight Zone (again?!)
7. Sabrina the Teenaged Witch
8. Cagney and Lacey
9. Sweet Valley High
10.The Greatest American Hero
Images property thegamer.com
Do you remember the original baby pony lineup from the original G1 Hasbro lineup? Bet you don’t! Check em all out on the work-in-progress page and if you happen to have any backcard stories please contribute to help build this page! Learn more at Baby Ponies! on Yello80s.com !
How cute is a baby pony? Like a million times cuter when they can turn their heads up and give you those adorable little baby eyes, that’s how cute! Peek-a-Boo Baby Ponies were part of the G1 line from Hasbro and featured turnable heads you could pose. Learn more about them on the updated Peek-a-Boo Baby pony page on Yello80s.com !
The thing I loved about First Tooth Baby ponies as a kid (and a collector!) was all that cool stuff they came with- especially those adorable little tubes of toothpaste and toothbrushes. Learn all about them in the new update to the First Tooth Baby Pony page here on Yello80s.com !
While there were several sizes of My Little Ponies released throughout the G1 line by Hasbro, the absolute smallest had a pretty big collection: The Petite Ponies. Think of these like the Micro Machines of My Little Ponies and check em out at the newly updated Petite Pony page here on Yello80s.
If you liked our last post on Brush n Grow ponies you’ll love to get to know their big sisters in year 7 of G1- Princess Brush n Grows! Check em out on the updated page!
Are you a fan of long, luxurious pony manes and tails billowing in the wind? Then you’re gonna love the G1 line of Brush n Grow ponies from year 6! Read all about em on the updated Brush n Grow Pony page here on Yello80s.com !
Hello my dear CPK fans who visit Yello80s! I’ve got some new names on the Cabbage Patch Kids name list. I’m so glad you’ve been so active on Yello80s.com asking questions and sharing your ‘Kid names for this now 3-page long running list of vintage CPK names (and a couple of neat newer ‘Kid names too). Please keep in mind Yello80s cannot price, value or locate your Kid, the CPK pages exist for information only in your quest to find out more about this truly unique piece of toy history and 80s pop culture. In the coming month I hope to get the Identification Guide up for your reading pleasure so sit tight, more CPK to come!
In 1988 Hasbro released the Loving Family sets including Mummy, Daddy and Baby Brother or Sister with themed cutie marks. All are printed with Twice-as-Fancy style markings, Mummy and Daddy’s combining to make Baby’s. Baby pony also has striped hair colouring combining both parents’. U.S. sets included one baby but Euro exclusives had both Brother and Sister. All three U.S. sets released are for sale on my eBay page under Seller ID: Aeru2 . Most of the time collectors sell the individual ponies- take this opportunity to pick up a whole family 🙂 All ponies are in played-with condition, see listings for all photos. Lots more ponies and 80s greatness so check it out!